The lovely Annette from Mrs. Toad Sews nominated me for the Sunshine/Shine on Blogger Award. It is similar to other blogger awards in which you share some information about yourself and promote your blog and others.
Here is my list of 10 pieces of info about myself:
- I hate using pins when sewing. If I can find a way to avoid them, I do (Janet Pray's Craftsy class was helpful).
- I love tea. I drink oodles of tea. My favorite is a strong cup of Assam or Yorkshire Gold. When I lecture, I usually have a cuppa.
- I miss the Northern United States.
- My favorite movies are the old musicals like Sound of Music, The King and I, South Pacific
- In undergrad, I was on the competitive ballroom dance team.
- I love to eat and love to try new things. If I didn't blog about sewing, I would blog about food. Fresh shucked oysters sound pretty good right now....
- I wish I was a domestic goddess (I'll settle for domestic demi-goddess). I have the cooking, sewing, party hostess part down but I am a rather horrible gardener. I like the houseplants that can survive on little water. It seems that I lack time to be a proper gardener.
- I have been to Greenland.
- If I did not get a degree in science, I probably would have gotten a degree in art history. Being a museum curator sounds pretty cool.
- I love classical music and wish I played the piano better.
I made a second Afternoon Blouse. It is made of a polyester, full of drape. I thought the material would be slippery to work with but it turned out that I had to worry more about the fraying ends. It was not planned but the pink fits in with the Sewcialist's Pink April!
I found a black button with a jeweled middle. I love the button detail. When I was searching for a suitable button, I ran across a teapot and teacup button seat. They didn't work for this shirt but I bought a pair to save for a future project.
I am lusting after the Belcarra blouse from Sewaholic (Shockingly, I do not own any of her patterns). I am liking this pattern because it is simple again and results in a blouse that can be dressy or casual. If I had participated in the Wardrobe Architect, I would already told the world that I lack blouses/tops that I like and fit me well. I think that is why I love the Afternoon Blouse. Belcarra is probably next....
share this on »